2008年5月2日 星期五

Twelve Ways of Looking at a Sun


I.
Among millions of dunes creeping,
The only still thing
Is the sun in chariot running.



II.
O blind man of waste land,
Why are you satisfied with murky night?
Do you not see how the sun
Has trimmed the horizon with a grayish belt?


III.
A man and a woman and a sun
Are one.


IV.
Shieved by grasses, branches and soaring birds.
In a bright-dotted dawn,
The round sun rises.

V.
When the sun crashes into the sea,
It burnishes the coconuts
With pomegranate lusciousness.


VI.
The Dark I grows thin and tall
When the sun has almost gone.
As it becomes fat and whole,
Then I know,
In the black circle where I stand,
The sun shines and regards me again.



VII.
Spiders weave cobwebs to ensnare the golden beams.
Entangled in silky lustre,
The sun dances a bit.



VIII.
Stranded in desert, I see the
Sun-steamed mirage spring high.
I row across shimmering grains,
Yet find no drop to drink.

IX.
The sun and I are
The still point of the spinning world
When things around are enameled with colors.


X.
Dried palm leaf in water
combs the sun, patting it with care.


XI.
My blood is burnning,
The sun must be shining.


XII.
It was the deepest of night.
It didn't rain.
It wouldn't rain.
The sun leaned
Against it's own shadow.


沒有留言:

張貼留言