2012年6月20日 星期三

Incessant Rain

It never stops.






In shorts, I woke up in the dingy room with the obtrusive weight in my brain. Everything here was clad in an obsessive humidity, and the rain outside had kept raining since I closed my eyes the very last night. Something is missing. Something subtle and trivial that got lost in my memorial database.

Oh, that's right, I was still in Europe 24 hours ago, while everything looked so detached now.

The 14-hour flight from Frankfurt reminded me of the medieval tortures. The difference was the flesh-slashing executioner had been replaced with stewardess serving microwaved food and refillable wine and beer. 



For the last 10 months, I had not thought about waking up in this kind of Taiwanese weather. The rain is Taiwan is hyper-active, so agressive that it becomes brutal sometimes. The torrential rain made me realized I was indeed back to Taiwan, and everything happen in Europe had been blocked out behind the blurred pane.

I told Verna I can/will forget my life 'there' in 2 months. It sounds like a bet, but I have the confidence to win the game.

沒有留言:

張貼留言